Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1896

19 January 2014

1896 – Corn Exchange, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: W.F. McGibbon Demolished to make way for an office building in the 1960s, itself demolished in 2008.

04 January 2014

1896 – Collegiate Institute & Normal College, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: William Stewart When it opened in 1896, it was known as the Collegiate Institute and Ontario Normal College. The Normal College was ateacher training school, and was relocated from this building in...

29 August 2013

1896 – Temple Building, Bay & Richmond Sts., Toronto

Architect: George Gouinlock The Temple Building at Bay and Richmond streets is regarded as one of the city’s first skyscrapers. Erected by the Independent Order of Foresters as their world headquarters. Toronto’s tallest...

01 November 2012

1896 – St. Patrick’s Church, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon

Architect: Goldie, Child & Goldie Imposing catholic church from English architect George Goldie, comprising nave, transepts, side aisles with two-storey sacristy to east and four-stage tower to north end of west front. The...

29 October 2012

1896 – Gallaher Tobacco Factory, York Street, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects Gallaher Tobacco Company, now part of Japan Tobacco, was originally founded in Derry in 1857 by Tom Gallaher. By 1896, he had opened the largest tobacco factory in the...

04 March 2012

1896 – “Whitevale”, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Swarbrick “This residence is situate upon the Ford Bank Estate, five miles south of Manchester. Whilst the situation of the site on the one hand demanded that the entrance should be...

04 March 2012

1896 – House at Blackburn Park, Didsbury, Lancashire

Architect: Joseph Swarbrick Perspective view including ground plan from The Building News, December 11th 1896.

29 November 2011

1896 – Dufferin School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Charles H. Wheeler Constructed in 1896, and designed by local architect Charles H. Wheeler, this three-storey brick structure was erected by the firm of Kelly Bros. & Co. at a cost of...

23 March 2011

1896 – ‘Cold Harbour’, Liphook, Hampshire

Architect: T.E. Collcutt Published in The Building News, January 3rd 1896.