Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

06 June 2014

1898 – Mutual Sick Benefit & Old Age Society, Birmingham

Architect: J.W. Allen Finished in red brick and cream terra cotta. Also known as Coleridge Chambers. Grade II Listed. “The proposed building is in close proximity to the Victoria Law Courts, having a...

26 May 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Taunton, Somerset

Architect: R. Knill Freeman “This design was recently submitted, by Mr. R. Knill Freeman, architect, Bolton, in a limited competition for this work, and the proposed arrangements of the several departments, as required...

22 May 2014

1898 – Residence, Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire

Architect: R.S. Oldacre “The accompanying illustration represents the front view of a residence which has just been erected at Sutton Coldfield. The materials used wore local bricks, with best pressed red bank bricks...

20 May 2014

1898 – Horrockes, Crewdon & Co, Piccadilly, Manchester

Architect: Charles Heathcote “We give an illustration of the warehouses now in course of erection, Piccadilly, Manchester, for Messrs. Horrockses, Crewdson, and Co. The building is fireproof throughout, and lined with glazed bricks...

20 May 2014

1898 – Alahambra Theatre of Varieties, Attercliffe, Sheffield, Yorkshire

Architect: Martin & Blomfield Jackson Originally opened on 3rd January 1898 as the Alhambra Theatre of Varieties and was designed in a Moorish style with a seating capacity was 1,200, by the architectural...

17 May 2014

1898 – Police Station, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire

Architect: Wood & Hutchings “This is a new police-station recently erected at Stoke-on-Trent, for the Staffordshire Standing Joint Committee. The design was selected in a limited competition. The building is constructed of brickwork...

13 May 2014

1898 – Former Technical School, Kevin Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy, William Mitchell Constructed in 1898 and extended by William M. Mitchell in 1900. Demolished in the 1960s to make way for the much large college buildings of 1968 by Hooper...

11 May 2014

1898 – Wayfarers Arcade, Southport, Lancashire

Architect: Hurst & Bolshaw The Arcade first opened in October 1898 and was originally called the Leyland Arcade, after Southport MP, Sir Herbert Leyland. The arcade was the idea of John Humphrey Plummer,...

09 May 2014

1898 – New Palace Theatre, and Great Western Hotel, Plymouth

Architect: J.T. Wimperis & Arber Unlike many Victorian buildings, this 1898 theatre survived the blitz on Plymouth during the Second World War and operated as a nightclub until 2006. Now increasingly derelict and...

Pages:1234567...18Next »