Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

31 May 2010

1898 – House at Surbiton, Surrey

Architect: Walter E. Hewitt “Some capital examples of picturesque house-building have of late years been carried out in the district round about Surbiton. The design here- with illustrated was sent us some time...

31 May 2010

1898 – House at Buckingham for Dr De’ath, Buckinghamshire

Architect: Charles Bell Perspective View, Elevations & small plan published in The Building News, February 18th 1898.

30 May 2010

1898 – Charlwood, Epsom, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith “This house occupies a comer site overlooking The Durdans. The walls are faced with local red bricks, the upper portion being weather-tiled. All internal joinery is of Oregon pine,...

30 May 2010

1898 – Newdigate Place, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith “This house is erected on an elevated site over- looking Heith Hill, with lovely views over Reigate and Horsham. The walls are faced with local red bricks, the upper...

06 May 2010

1898 – Two Houses at Hoole Road, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: Richard Hall “These houses, which are being erected for Sir. Robert Bower, of Chester, are faced with Haydock Colliery pressed bricks, and the roofs are covered with Ruabon brown tiles, supplied by...

06 May 2010

1898 – House at Washington DC., USA

Architect: J. Graham Fairley Perspective view including plans published in The Building News, August 12th 1898 with the comment “Owing to Mr. Fairley’s absence from home, no description of this drawing for a...

05 May 2010

1898 – Houses at Walton on Thames, Surrey

Architect: Cyril E. Power “An attempt has been made to give these houses, which are to be built on a site close to the river, a distinctive character by placing the upper floor...

15 April 2010

1898 – Chequers Mead, Northaw, Hertfordshire

Architect: John Richmond Published in The Building News, December 16th 1898. Designed for for Ernest Mathews J.P.

15 April 2010

1898 – “Drishane”, Kenilworth, Warwickshire

Architect: William de Lacy Aherne Published in The Building News, February 25th 1898