Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

30 May 2010

1898 – Charlwood, Epsom, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith “This house occupies a comer site overlooking The Durdans. The walls are faced with local red bricks, the upper portion being weather-tiled. All internal joinery is of Oregon pine,...

30 May 2010

1898 – Newdigate Place, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith “This house is erected on an elevated site over- looking Heith Hill, with lovely views over Reigate and Horsham. The walls are faced with local red bricks, the upper...

07 May 2010

1898 – Country House, Bedfordshire

Architect: George P. Allen “This country-house has been erected for Mr. W.U. Allen, J.P. for the county of Bedford. It is built of Weldon stone, and red local tile roof. The main feature...

06 May 2010

1898 – Two Houses at Hoole Road, Chester, Cheshire

Architect: Richard Hall “These houses, which are being erected for Sir. Robert Bower, of Chester, are faced with Haydock Colliery pressed bricks, and the roofs are covered with Ruabon brown tiles, supplied by...

06 May 2010

1898 – House at Washington DC., USA

Architect: J. Graham Fairley Perspective view including plans published in The Building News, August 12th 1898 with the comment “Owing to Mr. Fairley’s absence from home, no description of this drawing for a...

05 May 2010

1898 – Houses at Walton on Thames, Surrey

Architect: Cyril E. Power “An attempt has been made to give these houses, which are to be built on a site close to the river, a distinctive character by placing the upper floor...

15 April 2010

1898 – ‘Chequers Mead’, Northaw, Hertfordshire

Architect: John Richmond Designed for for Ernest Mathews J.P. “This house and stable? are built of brick and tile, with weather-tiling above the ground floor. The walls are built hollow, and bonded with...

15 April 2010

1898 – “Drishane”, Kenilworth, Warwickshire

Architect: William de Lacy Aherne Published in The Building News, February 25th 1898

12 April 2010

1898 – Semi-Detatched Houses, Buckhurst Hill, Essex

Architect: A. Needham Wilson Published in The Building News July 27th 1898.