Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

27 June 2009

1898 – Church of St. Peter, Shorewell, Isle of Wight

Architect: Percy G. Stone “Most visitors to the Isle of Wight know the church of St. Peter at Shorwell, as it practically abuts on the coach road between Yentnor and Freshwater. In 1896...

27 June 2009

1898 – The Red House, Harpenden, Herefordshire

Architect: Maurice B. Adams Completed Perspective View including plans published in The Building News, June 17th 1898.

26 June 2009

1898 – Surbiton Municipal Building, Surrey

Architect: Wimperis & Best

26 June 2009

1898 – Unbuilt Design for Southern Hospital, Carshalton, Surrey

Architect: Newman & Newman Third premiated design in competition to design new hospital. “To-day we illustrate the third premiated plan for this great hospital. Messrs. Newman and Newman are the authors of this...

25 June 2009

1898 – Taunton Town Hall, Somerset

Architect: Samson & Cottam Selected design from architectural competition to design a new town hall. “Messrs. Samson and Cottam, architects, Taunton, are the authors of this design, which has been chosen for execution,...

25 June 2009

1898 – Third Premiated Design for Taunton Town Hall, Somerset

Architect: Henry T. Hare Third premiated design in architectural competition. “We complete the series of illustrations to-day of the first, second, and third premiated designs for this building by giving a view, elevation,...

25 June 2009

1898 – Bath Co-operative Cabinet Makers’ Company Factory, Somerset

Architect: Silcock & Reay “This building was erected in 1898 for the Bath Co-operative Cabinet Makers’ Company by Messrs. Hayward and Wooster, of Bath, under the supervision of Mr. E.J. Trotman, clerk of...

24 June 2009

1898 – Church of St. John the Evangelist, Ford, Wiltshire

Architect: C.E. Ponting “This church, which has been built for the Rev. F. Harrison, occupies an exceptionally picturesque site on the hillside above the “By-Brook,” at Ford, five miles from Chippenham. It is...

16 June 2009

1898 – Brocklebank Chapel, Heswall Church, Cheshire

Architect: J. Francis Doyle “This building was the gift of Mi. Thomas Brocklebank and Mary Petrena, his wife, in memory of their father Ralph Brocklebank. It has been executed from the designs of...

15 June 2009

1898 – The Richmond Road Congregational Church & Schools, Cardiff

Architect: Habershon & Fawckner “These buildings, which are just completed, occupy a prominent site in the midst of a thickly-populated neighbourhood. The schools, which are at the rear, were erected eleven years ago,...