Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

01 May 2014

1898 – Theatre Royal, Chatham, Kent

Architect: George E. Bond A was a 3,000 seat theatre built in 1899 and closed in 1955 and was converted into shops and a warehouse. In the late 1980s a campaign was started...

29 April 2014

1898 – Church, Mundesley, Norfolk

Architect: Oliver & Leeson Not constructed, the ruined village church, a ruin for a century, was instead restored by 1904 and is in use today. “The church we illustrate to-day is to be...

23 April 2014

1898 – Design for Municipal Buildings, Henley-on-thames, Oxfordshire

Architect: Millar & Nasmyth “Our illustrations show the plans and perspective view of the second premiated design for the Henley-on-Thames Municipal Buildings, submitted in competition by Messrs. Millar and Nasmyth, of Reading and...

08 April 2014

1898 – Design for Town Hall, Altrincham, Cheshire

Architect: Charles Hindle & Herbert Davenport “This design is the one chosen in the open competition, in which 26 architects took part this spring. It was submitted under motto “Vox Populi,” and was...

05 April 2014

1899 – Design for States Assembly Hall, Guernsey

Architect: E.W. Mountford “The chief difficulty in connection with this design was to produce anything like a symmetrical plan on so irregular a site. The centre of the building is occupied by the...

01 April 2014

1898 – Boarding House, Edinburgh Academy

Architect: Alexander X. Paterson “The two houses, one of which is illustrated, are being built by the Edinburgh Academy to provide boarding-houses in connection with the Academy school. They occupy an admirably open...

26 March 2014

1898 – Second Premiated Design for Taunton Town Hall, Somerset

Architect: J.M. Brydon Second premiated design in architectural competition. “Today we publish some drawings of Mr. J.M. Brydon’s design, to which the second place was accorded, and, as might be anticipated, the scheme...

25 March 2014

1898 – Humbert Monument, Ballina, Co. Mayo

Architect: Thomas Denning The Centenary memorial, the Humbert Monument, was dedicated on 11 May 1898 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the French landing at Killala in support of the Irish Rebellion of...

24 February 2014

1898 – Castle Hill Tower, Huddersfield, Yorkshire

Architect: Isaac Jones “On Saturday last, the 25th inst., the foundation-stone of this building was laid by Mr. J. Frecheville Ramsden, son of Sir J.W. Ramsden, Bart., Lord of the Manor. The tower...