Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

01 January 2014

1898 – Friar St., Reading, Berkshire

Architect: Millar & Nasmyth “This building, now in course of erection, is the Friar-street front of A. H. Bull’s (Limited) extensive premises in Reading, which occupies a site extending from Broad-street to Friar-street,...

21 December 2013

1898 – Former Health Department, Macquarie St., Sydney, Australia

Architect: Walter L. Vernon The Federation Free Style building is a three storey plus basement brick former office building constructed on a steep site on what is a prominent Macquarie Street corner. The...

13 November 2013

1898 – Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, Jarvis Bay, NSW, Australia

Architect: Charles Harding Point Perpendicular was chosen in September 1883 as a site for a new lighthouse by Colonial Architect James Barnet and Captain Francis Hixson of the Marine Board. Designed by James...

17 October 2013

1898 – Belfast Boat Club, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Vincent Craig Former home of the Belfast Boat Club, which was deemed state of the art in its day was opened on the 12th September 1897 was blown up in ‘the troubles’...

11 June 2013

1898 – Cairndhu House, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close The existing houses was extended in 1897-98 by Samuel P. Close for John Stewart Clarke. In the process it became a large multi-gabled house of asymmetrical plan and irregular...

30 March 2013

1898 – St. Paul Building, New York

Architect: George B. Post The St. Paul Building opened in 1899 on lower Broadway and was named after the chapel across the street. The building design was noteworthy for the repetition of classical...

20 February 2013

1898 – Conservative Club, Barnoldswick, Lancashire

Architect: J.W. Broughton “This building, which was recently opened by Lord Wenlock, was designed by Mr. J.W. Broughton, architect, of Skipton, whose plans were selected in a limited competition. The general design is...

16 February 2013

1898 – House at Weybridge, Surrey

Architect: A. Burnett Brown & Ernest R. Barrow Designed for for G.Sturt esq., and published in The Building News, December 16th 1898. “This house is situate at Weybridge. The materials are red Bracknell...

15 January 2013

1898 – Fire Station, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme Unbuilt design for new fire station for the Bootle area. A six-bay fire station was constructed several years later to a more modest design. “The accompanying view is reproduced...