Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

15 January 2013

1898 – Fire Station, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme Unbuilt design for new fire station for the Bootle area. A six-bay fire station was constructed several years later to a more modest design. “The accompanying view is reproduced...

20 July 2012

1898 – McIntyre block, Main St., Winnipeg

Architect: Cadham & Grayson Designed by the architectural firm of Cadham and Grayson to replace a building of 1892 destroyed by fire. The original main building was only five stories in height, with...

11 July 2012

1898 – Victoria School, Winnipeg

In 1898, Central School No.1 was replaced by a new structure, built at a cost of $17,000, that could accommodate up to 500 students with a staff of 12 teachers. At that time,...

06 March 2012

1898 – “Summerdale”, Epsom, Surrey

Architect: J. Hatchard Smith Perspective View & plan published in The Building News, January 21st 1898. “Tiii.^ house occupies a beautifully timbered site in the Burgh Heath-road, and was erected for Mrs. H....

04 March 2012

1898 – Kings James Grammar School, Knaresborough, Yorkshire

Architect: George H. Barrowcliff The school was founded in 1616 as King James Grammar School with a charter from King James I. “This design was placed first in open competition by the professional...

13 February 2012

1898 – Forest Lodge, Tulse Hill, London

Architect: Wimperis & Arber “This house, the residence of Mr. G. Adney Payne, has been ref rented and much added to in a handsome way by Messrs. Wimperis and Arber, the architects. The...

11 February 2012

1898 – Clerks Houses, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: William Owen “One of the most complete settlements erected in modem times is the village at Port Sunlight, where the proprietors, Messrs. Lever Bros., have built some three hundred and twenty-eight houses...

06 February 2012

1898 – Montgomery Ward Building, Six North Michigan Ave., Chicago

Architect: Schmidt, Garden, and Martin Constructed as the headquarters of the Montgomery Ward company; a major player in the American Midwest until the late 20th century. The building was erected to enhance the...

29 January 2012

1898 – Britannia Assurance Building, 166 Buchanan St., Glasgow

Architect: John A. Campbell Eccentric Victorian office building. Also known as British Workman’s and General Assurance Company