Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

01 January 2014

1898 – Isolation Home, Chalfont St. Peter, Buckinghamshire

Architect: Maurice B. Adams “This building, in course of erection, is the gift of Mrs. Dearmer to the National Society for the Employment of Epileptics, and although one of the least in point...

01 January 2014

1898 – Thames St., Windsor, Berkshire

Architect: Ernest R. Barrow “This house is situate in Thames-street, Windsor, and opposite the Castle walls. The view shows the house from Thames-street, but only the left-hand upper part of front has lately...

01 January 2014

1898 – Friar St., Reading, Berkshire

Architect: Millar & Nasmyth “This building, now in course of erection, is the Friar-street front of A. H. Bull’s (Limited) extensive premises in Reading, which occupies a site extending from Broad-street to Friar-street,...

21 December 2013

1898 – Former Health Department, Macquarie St., Sydney, Australia

Architect: Walter L. Vernon The Federation Free Style building is a three storey plus basement brick former office building constructed on a steep site on what is a prominent Macquarie Street corner. The...

13 November 2013

1898 – Point Perpendicular Lighthouse, Jarvis Bay, NSW, Australia

Architect: Charles Harding Point Perpendicular was chosen in September 1883 as a site for a new lighthouse by Colonial Architect James Barnet and Captain Francis Hixson of the Marine Board. Designed by James...

17 October 2013

1898 – Belfast Boat Club, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Vincent Craig Former home of the Belfast Boat Club, which was deemed state of the art in its day was opened on the 12th September 1897 was blown up in ‘the troubles’...

11 June 2013

1898 – Cairndhu House, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close The existing houses was extended in 1897-98 by Samuel P. Close for John Stewart Clarke. In the process it became a large multi-gabled house of asymmetrical plan and irregular...

20 May 2013

1898 – Holland Street School, Ancoats, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Woodhouse & Willoughby “For this work a limited competition was instituted in 1894, and we now publish the design adopted by the board. The building provides for a mixed and infant school...

30 March 2013

1898 – St. Paul Building, New York

Architect: George B. Post The St. Paul Building opened in 1899 on lower Broadway and was named after the chapel across the street. The building design was noteworthy for the repetition of classical...

20 February 2013

1898 – Conservative Club, Barnoldswick, Lancashire

Architect: J.W. Broughton “This building, which was recently opened by Lord Wenlock, was designed by Mr. J.W. Broughton, architect, of Skipton, whose plans were selected in a limited competition. The general design is...