Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1898

11 June 2013

1898 – Cairndhu House, Larne, Co. Antrim

Architect: Samuel Patrick Close The existing houses was extended in 1897-98 by Samuel P. Close for John Stewart Clarke. In the process it became a large multi-gabled house of asymmetrical plan and irregular...

20 May 2013

1898 – Holland Street School, Ancoats, Manchester, Lancashire

Architect: Woodhouse & Willoughby “For this work a limited competition was instituted in 1894, and we now publish the design adopted by the board. The building provides for a mixed and infant school...

30 March 2013

1898 – St. Paul Building, New York

Architect: George B. Post The St. Paul Building opened in 1899 on lower Broadway and was named after the chapel across the street. The building design was noteworthy for the repetition of classical...

20 February 2013

1898 – Conservative Club, Barnoldswick, Lancashire

Architect: J.W. Broughton “This building, which was recently opened by Lord Wenlock, was designed by Mr. J.W. Broughton, architect, of Skipton, whose plans were selected in a limited competition. The general design is...

16 February 2013

1898 – House at Weybridge, Surrey

Architect: A. Burnett Brown & Ernest R. Barrow Designed for for G.Sturt esq., and published in The Building News, December 16th 1898. “This house is situate at Weybridge. The materials are red Bracknell...

15 January 2013

1898 – Fire Station, Bootle, Lancashire

Architect: Briggs & Wolstenholme Unbuilt design for new fire station for the Bootle area. A six-bay fire station was constructed several years later to a more modest design. “The accompanying view is reproduced...

20 July 2012

1898 – McIntyre block, Main St., Winnipeg

Architect: Cadham & Grayson Designed by the architectural firm of Cadham and Grayson to replace a building of 1892 destroyed by fire. The original main building was only five stories in height, with...

11 July 2012

1898 – Victoria School, Winnipeg

In 1898, Central School No.1 was replaced by a new structure, built at a cost of $17,000, that could accommodate up to 500 students with a staff of 12 teachers. At that time,...

13 May 2012

1898 – Isherwood, Poster, and Stacey Brewery, Maidstone, Kent

Architect: Harrap & Duffield “The building of which we give illustrations today is now approaching completion at Maidstone, for Isherwood, Poster, and Stacey, Ltd., and has been designed and carried out under the...