Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899

27 January 2010

1899 – Former Fire Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Now in use as an enterprise centre, the former Fire Station of the Borough is less ornate than similar buildings being constructed in Dublin city centre at this time, notably those by C.J...

08 January 2010

1899 – St. Patricks’s Church, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: S.F. Hynes Designed in 1896-9 by the Cork based architect S.F. Hynes, St. Patrick’s is a simple late Gothic revival church with a transept reserved for the nuns of the adjacent convent.

31 December 2009

1906 – Templetown Church, Co. Wexford

Architect: Michael Power Templetown has received its name from the Kinights Templar, a brotherhood of monastic warriors originating during the crusades in the Holy Land. When the Anglo-Normans under Strongbow added Ireland to...

10 December 2009

1899 – Houses at Hampstead, London

Architect: W.F. Harber Designed by W.F. Harber, architect to the Belgravia Estate, and published in The Building News, March 17th 1899.

04 December 2009

1899 – Casa Calvet, Barcelona

Architect: Antoni Gaudí Casa Calvet was erected between 1898 and 1900 for the Calvets, a family of textile industrialists. It was built with offices on the ground floor, though the space now hosts...

25 November 2009

1899 – Metro Stations, Paris

Architect: Hector Guimard Although most have been modernised, some of Paris’s metro stations still retain their Art Nouveau inspired entrances. In 1899 there was a competition to design the entrances, but the President...

30 September 2009

1899 – Residence, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: W.W. LaChance

30 September 2009

1899 – Public Library, Westmount, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: Robert Findlay

30 September 2009

1899 – Manitoba Trusts Company, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Gouinlock Manitoba Trusts Company building constructed at Notre Dame Street East, 1898-99.

30 September 2009

1899 – Molsons Bank Building, Vancouver, British Columbia

Architect: Taylor & Gordon Designed for Quebec-based bank Molsons on West Hastings Street, and demolished in 1973.