Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899

31 March 2014

1899 – Mission House, Dalston, London

Architect: H.O. Ellis This late-Victorian mission building was designed by Herbert O Ellis in 1898 for St Mark’s Church, Dalston. Later known as the Cholmeley Boys’ Club. The building was originally used as...

31 March 2014

1899 – Theatre of Varieties, Kilburn, London

Architect: Palgrave & Co. “This plate illustrates the design of a proposed new Palace of Varieties, which is about to be commenced, with some slight modification in the elevation, on the site of...

29 March 2014

1899 – Public Library & Technical Schools, Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Architect: Waller & Son Still in use today as a public library, the main Gloucester Library in Brunswick Road was constructed at the end of the 19th century as a memorial to Queen...

29 March 2014

1899 – Dominions House, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Arthur Blomfield Jackson Originally built for the Star Life Assurance Building to designs by Arthur Blomfield Jackson, who also designed their Dublin offices. The building was never completed as designed, the top...

28 March 2014

1899 – Isle of Man Banking Company, Douglas

Architect: Alexander Marshall Mackenzie The Isle of Man Bank was formed in 1865, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank in 1961, now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland. This fine bank...

28 March 2014

1899 – Victoria Diamond Jubilee Memorial, Singapore

Architect: Francis Sills Selected design in architectural competition to design a permanent memorial to Queen Victoria’s reign. “WE publish this week a perspective view and two plans of the design for the theatre...

28 March 2014

1899 – St. Michael’s Church, Abertillery, Wales

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Largely constructed as designed minus the tower and spire, still in use today by its congregation. “This church has been erected on the site of a much smaller one,...

07 March 2014

1899 – Central Bakery, Aberdeen

Architect: Brown & Watt “This building occupies a site on the west side of George-street, and extends westwards to a narrow lane, which separates it from the grounds of Gordon’s College . The...

18 January 2014

1899 – Marlborough Hotel, Bury St., London

Architect: G.D. Martin In 1896 James Ramsay, then the proprietor of Pearce’s Hotel at the corner of Bury Street and Ryder Street, agreed with the Office of Woods and Forests for a building...