Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899

28 March 2014

1899 – St. Michael’s Church, Abertillery, Wales

Architect: C. Hodgson Fowler Largely constructed as designed minus the tower and spire, still in use today by its congregation. “This church has been erected on the site of a much smaller one,...

07 March 2014

1899 – Central Bakery, Aberdeen

Architect: Brown & Watt “This building occupies a site on the west side of George-street, and extends westwards to a narrow lane, which separates it from the grounds of Gordon’s College . The...

18 January 2014

1899 – Marlborough Hotel, Bury St., London

Architect: G.D. Martin In 1896 James Ramsay, then the proprietor of Pearce’s Hotel at the corner of Bury Street and Ryder Street, agreed with the Office of Woods and Forests for a building...

15 April 2013

1899 – Carmelite Abbey, Loughrea, Co. Galway

Architect: W.H. Byrne Church of 1820, by an unknown architect, under the supervision of Fr Gannon, the superior at the time, who also supervised the construction of the monastery and the convent. Renovated...

03 April 2013

1899 – Victoria Home, Rostrevor, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Watson Built in the mid-1890s for the Girls Friendly Society of Ireland, who asked for and received Royal permission to call it the Queen Victoria Home in 1901. Originally known...

14 March 2013

1899 – St. Saviour’s Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Arthur W. Blomfield Designed by noted English church architect Sir Arthur W. Blomfield, the gift of 5th Earl of Carysfort William Prob, in memory of his parents, brothers & sisters. Blomfields’s...

22 November 2012

1899 – Yew Tree Lodge, No.2 West Drive, Streatham Park, London

Architect: Leonard Stokes Constructed of a purple brick with red brick and stone dressings and tile roof. The entrance has a flight of stone steps leading up to panelled doors crowned by a...

12 November 2012

1899 – Design for Union Church, Queen Square, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: John W. Simpson Unbuilt design for Union Congregational Church. Their existing Gothic church, built in 1854 by James & Brown, was extended by Paulton in 1867. After merging congregations in 1897, it...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...