Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899

07 April 2014

1899 – Presbyterian Church, Cushendall, Co. Antrim

Architect: William J. Fennell From The Building News: “A new Presbyterian church was recently opened at Cushendall, Co. Antrim. It is constructed of stone, and is Early English in style. Mr. William J....

07 April 2014

1899 – Star Life Assurance, College Green Dublin

Architect: Arthur Blomfield Jackson Constructed between 1899 and 1901 by English architect Arthur Blomfield Jackson, and his only work in Ireland. As it had done a few times around this time to other...

01 April 2014

1899 – Drapery Warehouse, 231 George Street, Aberdeen

Architect: Brown & Watt Originally constructed for a local drapery firm, long out of business. Not as suggested on a wide open space but on a junction of two streets, one of which...

01 April 2014

1899 – New Buildings, New College, Oxford

Architect: Basil Champneys In the late 19th century New College, which was founded in 1379, began freely admitting undergraduates. The New Buildings by Basil Champneys along Holywell were built between 1873-96 to house...

01 April 2014

1899 – Public Library, Roath, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: Teather & Wilson Still in use as a public library today, the building was constructed slightly larger than illustrated, with an extra two bays. “This building is proposed to be erected at...

01 April 2014

1899 – Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Church, Roath, Cardiff, Wales

Architect: John H. Phillips Built in an Lombardic-meets-Arts and Crafts inspired style with two storeys and a basement, a gable entry plan and flanking towers. In 1985 this building was converted for use...

01 April 2014

1899 – General Accident Assurance Co, Perth, Scotland

Architect: George P.K. Young the General Accident and Employers’ Liability Assurance Association Ltd. was founded in Perth, Scotland in 1885. It became the General Accident Assurance Corporation Ltd. in 1891, and later through...

31 March 2014

1899 – Mission House, Dalston, London

Architect: H.O. Ellis This late-Victorian mission building was designed by Herbert O Ellis in 1898 for St Mark’s Church, Dalston. Later known as the Cholmeley Boys’ Club. The building was originally used as...

31 March 2014

1899 – Theatre of Varieties, Kilburn, London

Architect: Palgrave & Co. “This plate illustrates the design of a proposed new Palace of Varieties, which is about to be commenced, with some slight modification in the elevation, on the site of...