Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1899

03 April 2013

1899 – Victoria Home, Rostrevor, Co. Down

Architect: William J. Watson Built in the mid-1890s for the Girls Friendly Society of Ireland, who asked for and received Royal permission to call it the Queen Victoria Home in 1901. Originally known...

14 March 2013

1899 – St. Saviour’s Church, Arklow, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Sir Arthur W. Blomfield Designed by noted English church architect Sir Arthur W. Blomfield, the gift of 5th Earl of Carysfort William Prob, in memory of his parents, brothers & sisters. Blomfields’s...

22 November 2012

1899 – Yew Tree Lodge, No.2 West Drive, Streatham Park, London

Architect: Leonard Stokes Constructed of a purple brick with red brick and stone dressings and tile roof. The entrance has a flight of stone steps leading up to panelled doors crowned by a...

12 November 2012

1899 – Design for Union Church, Queen Square, Brighton, Sussex

Architect: John W. Simpson Unbuilt design for Union Congregational Church. Their existing Gothic church, built in 1854 by James & Brown, was extended by Paulton in 1867. After merging congregations in 1897, it...

05 November 2012

1899 – St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Architect: Murray & Forrester Presbyterian church designed by John Campbell Murray of Murray & Forrester, of London. The building is designed in an octagonal shape fronted by a large tower containing the main...

31 October 2012

1899 – Royal Ulster Yacht Club, Bangor, Co. Down

Architect: Vincent Craig Fine club building overlooking the bay. The Club building is listed by the Department of Environment as a building of historic interest.

15 August 2012

1899 – House at Herne Bay, Kent

Architect: George E. Bond Designed for Charles Chalmers esq., perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, March 24th 1899. “The drawings show the plans and front of a house facing...

14 July 2012

1899 – Dominion Bank, 440 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson Beautiful turned corner with banking hall. Located at 440 Main Street, and demolished in 1966. Now an empty site.

04 July 2012

1899 – Canadian Bank of Commerce, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Darling & Pearson Dismantled stone by stone in 1910 and re-erected in Regina, Saskatchewan. A replacement bank building, even more grandiose was designed and built by Darling & Pearson.