Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1901

07 April 2014

1901 – Wesleyan Mission Hall, Earl Grey St., Edinburgh

Architect: Dunn & Findlay “Building operations will shortly be commenced with the new halls and other premises for the Wesleyan Mission at the comer of Earl Grey-street and Wellington-place, a site at present...

01 February 2014

1901 – St. Alban’s Church, Blackburn, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Goldie Opened in 1901, designs first published in The Builder in 1897. Still in use as a Roman Catholic parish church today.

13 January 2014

1901 – St. Aiden’s Church, Drumcondra, Dublin

Architect: Richard Orpen Chapel-of-ease for the St. George’s Parish. The building was built to accommodate 400 people. Demolished to make way for a rectory in 1963.

12 January 2014

1901 – Design for Glasgow Royal Infirmary

Architect: Hippolyte J. Blanc Entry in architectural competition for a new hospital for Glasgow. The competition was won by James Miller.

11 November 2013

1901 – Burns, Philp & Co., Bridge St., Sydney, Australia

Architect: A.L. & G. McCredie & Anderson The former Burns Philp Building in Bridge Street, Sydney, was built in 1901 to the design of Arthur Anderson of A.L. & G. McCredie & Anderson....

21 March 2013

1901 – Dublin Bread Company, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: George F. Beckett A massively overscaled building on Lower O’Connell Street, and a landmark for only 15 years. A popular restaurant at first floor level, withe smoking rooms and recessed balconies on...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

13 August 2012

1901 – Royal Archway, Winnipeg

Royal arch for visit of Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York (later, King George V and Queen Mary). Winnipeg, Canada