Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1901

11 November 2013

1901 – Burns, Philp & Co., Bridge St., Sydney, Australia

Architect: A.L. & G. McCredie & Anderson The former Burns Philp Building in Bridge Street, Sydney, was built in 1901 to the design of Arthur Anderson of A.L. & G. McCredie & Anderson....

21 March 2013

1901 – Dublin Bread Company, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: George F. Beckett A massively overscaled building on Lower O’Connell Street, and a landmark for only 15 years. A popular restaurant at first floor level, withe smoking rooms and recessed balconies on...

15 March 2013

1901 – Presbyterian Church, Mallow St., Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Construction started on this red-brick church with Portland stone dressings in 1899, with dedication in 1901. Decommissioned as a church during the 1970s after which it was temporarily used as...

23 October 2012

1901 – Nurses’s Home, Dr. Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Demolished Nurses Home and extra hospital accommodation, previously sited infront of Dr. Steeven’s Hospital. Once removed, it opened up the site to allow the hospital buildings to be better...

13 August 2012

1901 – Royal Archway, Winnipeg

Royal arch for visit of Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York (later, King George V and Queen Mary). Winnipeg, Canada

17 June 2012

1901 – ‘Holme Tower’, Penarth, Wales

Architect: Edwin J. Jones

15 March 2012

1901 – St. Silas Church, Cliftonville Road, Belfast

Architect: Thomas Roe Opened in 1901, and completing destroyed during the air raids on Belfast in 1941. According to the Irish Builder of December 1 1900, only the nave and chancel were to...

18 February 2012

1901 – Belmont Congregational Chapel, Bolton, Lancashire

Architect: Bradshaw & Gass Perspective including ground plans published in The Building News, April 19th 1901. “The Belmont moors are the highest parts of the moorland which surrounds Bolton-le-Moors. Here is a village...

16 February 2012

1901 – Morley Manor, Derbyshire

Architect: G.F. Bodley Large house on the Morley Sacheverell Estate, built between 1894-99 for H. A. Sacheverell Bateman by G F. Bodley and set in an estate of 325 acres. Formerly the gardens...