Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1901

15 June 2010

1901 – House at Orpington, Kent

Architect: Niven & Wigglesworth Perspective view published in The Building News, May 3rd 1901. “These two country residences, from the designs of Messrs. Niven and Wigglesworth. show a differing style of treatment, though...

31 May 2010

1901 – Additions to “Plas Nant-y-Glyn”, Colwyn Bay, Wales

Architect: Booth Chadwick & Porter Front Perspective View published in The Building News, December 13th 1901.

29 May 2010

1901 – Pittern Hill, Warwickshire

Architect: E. Guy Dawber Rear Perspective View & vignette sketch. Published in The Building News, July 12th 1901.

06 May 2010

1901 – Ralston, Bromley, Kent

Architect: Evelyn Hellicar Published in The Building News, January 15th 1892. Front Perspective View & Interior of Hallway.

13 April 2010

1901 – Former Fire Station, Dorset Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy A fine fire station designed by the city architect C.J McCarthy in 1901, this was one of a series designed by the architect in the city. The others are on...

19 February 2010

1901 – Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor The ‘Eye and Ear’ as it is known opened in 1901 in a Queen Anne inspired symmetrical design by Carroll & Batchelor. Internally the circulation spaces were skimped on...

05 February 2010

1901 – Former Bank, Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Former bank branch with fine 1930s interior. The exterior has a fine bull-nosed corner executed in stone to contrast with the brickwork.

26 January 2010

1901 – Former Trustee Savings Bank, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Vincent Craig Designed by the Belfast based architect Vincent Craig (brother of the first Prime-minister of Northern Ireland, Lord Craigavon) as a branch for the Belfast Banking Company. This later became part...

31 December 2009

1901 – Sligo Post Office, Co. Sligo

Architect: Board of Works A fine post office with shallow, bow-fronted end bays with beautiful banded brick. Above the pedimented doorway inscriptions read ‘ Post Office’ and E 1901 R’. The handsome red...