Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1904

19 January 2014

1904 – Warehouses for the City Improvement Trust, Nelson St., Glasgow

Architect: Thomson & Sandilands Not constructed as illustrated. “The site of this building was one of the many slum areas which the Improvements Trust of the City of Glasgow acquired for the purpose...

28 May 2013

1904 – St. Joseph’s Church, O’Connell Ave., Limerick

Architect: William E. Corbett Not completed as designed due to the lack of money available, St. Joseph’s is clearly lacking a completed tower. Originally, it was intended to construct a fine hexastyle Corinthian...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. Originally Mrs. Knox intended “to build a home for...

01 October 2012

1904 – Courthouse, Morden, Manitoba

Architect: Samuel Hooper Designed by the Provincial Architect Samuel Hooper as a courthouse and small holding jail for the surrounding area. A simple building, with an unsual pediment, it now has rather unfortunately...

20 September 2012

1904 – Dorman Memorial Museum, Middlesbrough, Yorkshire

Architect: J. Mitchell Bottomley “This building, which owes its erection to the liberality of Mr. Dorman, has been designed by Mr. J. Mitchell Bottomley, of Middlesbrough, we, we understand, will, in execution, be...

27 June 2012

1904 – Irish Village, St. Louis World’s Fair

The Irish Village was a very popular part of the 1904 St. Louis Worlds Fair. Opened on May 3, it cost 25¢ adult admission (children 15¢, Industrial Exhibit 15¢). Built by the Irish...

12 June 2012

1904 – Fastnet Lighthouse, Co. Cork

Architect: William Douglass The second lighthouse on Fastnet Rock was designed by William Douglass and built under the supervision of James Kavanagh. Construction started in 1897 with the levelling of the site, and...

09 April 2012

1904 – Semi-Detatched Cottages at Edzell, Angus, Scotland

Architect: David S. Cullen Perspective view including ground plan as published in The Building News, January 22nd 1904.

27 March 2012

1904 – Abbey Theatre, Dublin

Architect: Joseph Holloway The Abbey first opened its doors to the public on 27 December 1904 in the former Mechanics’ Hall, also known as the Hibernian Theatre of Varieties. Prior to opening as...

Pages:1234567...13Next »