Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1905

13 August 2010

1905 – Northern Bank, Winnipeg

Architect: George W. Northwood Established as Winnipeg’s Northern Bank in 1905 and merging with the exclusively Ontario-based Crown Bank of Canada in 1908 to form the Northern Crown Bank. Winnipeg remained the new...

09 August 2010

1905 – The Scala Theatre, Charlotte Street, London

Architect: Frank T. Verity Site of a theatre since 1772, known as The Prince of Wales Theatre between 1865 -1882. In 1903, Dr. Edmund Distin Maddick bought the property, and adjoining properties, and...

09 August 2010

1905 – Wesleyan Methodist Hall & Connexional Offices, Westminster, London

Architect: Mallows & Cross Selected design of competition, perspective view ~ Ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, June 30th 1905.

02 August 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Bank of Commerce, Queen Street East, Toronto

Architect: Darling & Pearson Dating from 1905, the former Canadian Bank of Commerce building at 744 Queen Street East has an especially attractive bowed facade.

01 August 2010

1905 – City Hall, Medicine Hat, Alberta

Architect: William T. Williams

08 July 2010

1905 – Bell Block 370 Donald Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.

08 July 2010

1905 – Aldous Block, Donald St., Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole. The top two floors were added in 1909.

08 July 2010

1905 – Walker Theatre (Burton Cummings), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Howard C. Stone The Walker Theatre, now known as the Burton Cummings, is the city’s oldest surviving grand theatre and was built in 1905 with 2030 seats. It has been designated a...

06 July 2010

1905 – Medical Mission, Chancery Place, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Brick building with elaborately decorated ground floor and central bay. Founded in 1891 and rebuilt in 1905, it is still in use today.