Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1905

22 April 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Pacific Station, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: E. & W.S. Maxwell This was the fourth depot built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) from the construction of the main line through the Manitoba capital in the early 1880’s. Construction...

21 April 2010

1905 – Manitoba Club, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: S. Frank Peters A fine large brick building designed to house a gentleman’s club in the early 20th century. The interior is opulent and well preserved. The site was chosen because at...

14 April 2010

1905 – Hotel de Ville, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Victor W. Horwood Home to the largest French speaking population outside of Quebec in Canada, St Boniface was formally amalgamated with Winnipeg in 1972. The town was established in 1818 by Fr....

13 April 2010

1905 – St Luke’s Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: C.F. Bridgeman St. Luke’s Anglican is probably one of the best pieces of church architecture in Winnipeg. The main building was designed by Winnipeg architect C.F. Bridgeman while the attached parish hall...

01 April 2010

1905 – Todd Burn’s Department Store, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Built as Todd Burn’s department store, this is a fantastically decorative building with dome which acted as a counterbalance to the tower of Arnotts. Glorious red brick with terracotta details,...

19 February 2010

1905 – Avalon Hostel, Aungier Street, Dublin

Architect: Henderson & Murray Built as the Carmichael School of Medicine in two phases. The original block to the rear dates from 1879 by C.G. Henderson. The more elaborate front section with its...

17 February 2010

1905 – No.112 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.M. Mitchell & Sons No.112 is the left hand site of the photograph, the retail unit at street level being a branch of Specsavers. A fine commercial premises with a quality stone...

16 February 2010

1905 – Morrison Chambers, Nassau Street, Dublin

Architect: Peddie & Washington Browne A prime corner site opposite the side entrance to Trinity College, this fine early 20th century building is finished in an austere limestone – constructed for North British...

01 February 2010

1905 – Canon O’Hanlon Memorial National School, Sandymount, Dublin

When Canon O’Hanlon died in 1905 after 25 years as Parish priest, three new rooms were built and the school was re-named the Canon O’Hanlon Memorial School. These rooms now form the school...