Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1906

21 September 2010

1906 – St. Lukes Church, Evanston, Illinois

Architect: John Sutcliffe Perspective View including ground floor plan & seating schedule published in The Building News, November 9th 1906. Never quite completed as illustrated, the tower was never constructed and other design...

02 September 2010

1906 – Cumberland & Westmorland Asylum, Garlands, Carlisle, Cumbria

Architect: G. Dale Oliver Interior View of Recreation Hall & Dining Room as published in The Building News, January 19th 1906. Originally opened in 1853 to designs by J.A. Cory, the hospital was...

08 July 2010

1906 – Garrick Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Built as an hotel in 1906 and still in operation, the Garrick is a local landmark on Garry Street.

29 June 2010

1906 – No. 662 Main Street, Bell Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Joseph Bernhart Seedy, down-at-hell rooming hotel, now closed. Being converted into a hostel for homeless.

27 April 2010

1906 – Galpern (Porter) Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell In 1906 James Porter whose firm James Porter and Company previously had been housed in cramped quarters on Main Street, employed John H.G. Russell, one of the city’s best...

27 April 2010

1906 – Frost & Wood Warehouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: James H. Cadham The Frost and Wood Warehouse was built by contractor Philip Burnett for some $50,000. It is of mill construction with a rubblestone foundation, thick brick walls, an interior frame...

27 April 2010

1906 – Ryan Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Blair & Northwood Like many other local warehouses, 44 Princess has a symmetrical fa├žade divided into three parts and highlighted by Romanesque detailing. The main floor is dominated by three oversized arched...

22 April 2010

1906 – The Grain Exchange, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Darling & Pearson The center of commerce in The Exchange District, the Grain Exchange Building reflected the growth of Winnipeg at the turn of the century after the growth of the railroads....

22 April 2010

1906 – City Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John Woodman A massive warehouse building now used as offices and shopping facilities, Eaton Place was linked to the rear of the Eaton’s Department Store by skywalk. It housed T. Eaton &...