Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1906

18 February 2010

1906 – Nos. 48-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy A very fine commercial building with ornate shopfront intact as well a nice window details on the upper stories. Notice, the graduation from flatheaded window to round-headed window as you...

17 February 2010

1906 – RIAC, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Built in 1906 with further extension work in 1911 by the same architects.

11 February 2010

1906 – Former Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy Designed by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy as one of a series of fire stations around the city. The others included Thomas Street, Dorset Street, & Buckingham Street. None are...

05 February 2010

1906 – No.40 Ormond Quay, Dublin

Architect: William F. Higginbotham Striking former warehouse building designed as a sales and auction house now in use as the Winding Stair bookshop and cafe. The scale of the building is much larger...

29 January 2010

1906 – Hackesche Hofe, Berlin

Architects: Kurt Berndt, August Endell A fabulous sequence of eight interlinked courtyards now containing restaurants and small clothing shops, the Hackesche Hofe was designed around 1906. Many of the courtyards are plainly finished...

13 January 2010

1906 – Kornhaus, Kempten, Bavaria

Architect: Ambros Madlene The brewery to the rear was built after the Thirty Years War. The current building was developed 1906 by the architect Ambros Madlener.

06 January 2010

1906 – Market House, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Unusual market house from the early twentieth century in a curious hybrid of styles. Shown prior to its conversion to a library by deBlacam & Meagher Architects.

31 December 2009

1906 – Templetown Church, Co. Wexford

Architect: Michael Power Templetown has received its name from the Kinights Templar, a brotherhood of monastic warriors originating during the crusades in the Holy Land. When the Anglo-Normans under Strongbow added Ireland to...

30 December 2009

1906 – The Mitchell Library, Glasgow

Architect: William B.Whitie The Mitchell Library was established with a bequest from Stephen Mitchell, a wealthy tobacco manufacturer, whose company, Stephen Mitchell and Son, would become one of the constituent members of the...