Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1907

24 January 2014

1907 – Terminal Station, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Charles Mills The Terminal building exterior was a mixture of masonry and terra cotta brick. The first story of the building was done in Indiana blue limestone. One feature that was originally...

19 January 2014

1907 – Lothian Chambers, Edinburgh, Scotland

Architect: James Macintyre Henry Lothian Chambers, formerly the Midlothian County Buildings, at the corner of George IV Bridge and the Royal Mile. Although only placed fourth in the competition to design the new...

04 November 2013

1907 – Union Station, Washington D.C.

Architect: D.H. Burnham & Company Constructed by the US Government, Pennsylvania Railroad, and the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, the cost of the land and terminal exceeded 18 million in 1907. AT the time...

09 July 2013

1907 – Royal Hippodrome Theatre, Belfast

Architect: Bertie Crewe The Royal Hippodrome Theatre was constructed beside the Grand Opera House in 1908-07. Later renovated in the 1960s as a Odeon cinema, it lost much of its original architectural detail....

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

17 March 2013

1907 – Gaelscoil, Bridge St., Limerick, Co. Limerick

Architect: Joseph P. O’Malley Former Limerick city courthouse that was extended to designs by Joseph P. O’Malley in 1907 by adding a second floor to provide four new classrooms. The original building of...

02 August 2012

1907 – Imperial Bank of Canada, Edmonton, Alberta

During the late 19th century, the Imperial Bank of Canada was expanding across Canada, opening a branch in Edmonton in 1891. An all-new building was constructed on the site in 1907, a grand...

01 August 2012

1907 – Merchants Bank of Canada, Edmonton

Architect: Hogle & Davis Built in 1907, the grand columned building on the northwest corner of Jasper Avenue and 100 A Street was originally home to the Merchants Bank, which had started Edmonton...

01 August 2012

1907 – Land Titles Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers Constructed in 1907-08 at a cost of $80,000, was designed to be a “strictly fireproof” structure. Built of Calgary sandstone backed with brick and concrete, the windows and doors...