Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1907

24 July 2012

1907 – Garry Telephone Exchange Building, 474 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg

Architect: Samuel Hooper Designed by provincial architect Samuel Hooper, this building was the first telephone exchange erected by Manitoba Government Telephones (first provincially owned telephone system in Canada). It served as headquarters and...

14 July 2012

1907 – Nanton Building, Portage Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: Darling & Pearson Demolished.

02 July 2012

1907 – Unbuilt Tower Proposal, Main Street, Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison Unbuilt 14-storey proposal for an office building on the east side of Main Street, between McDermot and Bannatyne. The Canadian Wheat Board building was eventually constructed on the site...

22 March 2012

1907 – Former Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Branch bank for the former National Bank, later part of the Bank of Ireland. Later extended in the early 1920s in the same vaguely Tudor style.

19 January 2012

1907 – Irish International Exhibition, Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross The leading force behind the project was William Martin Murphy, a prominent businessman and owner of the Irish Independent, Clerys, and the Dublin United Transport Company. The exposition ran...

05 July 2011

1907 – Hamburger Department Store, Los Angeles, California

Architect: Alfred Rosenheim Six-story, steel-frame Beaux Arts department store designed by Alfred F. Rosenheim, built in 1907.

28 March 2011

1909 – Fire Station, Thomas Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy One of four early 20th century fire stations in Dublin by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy. This, now part of the NCAD campus, has been recently restored to show off...

13 January 2011

1907 – Hamilton Tower, Queen’s University Belfast

Architect: Robert Cochrane Constructed as the porter’s gatelodge for university and designed in the Tudor-Revival style. A single-storey lodge was beside the tower with an octagonal, battlemented turret to the rear. Demolished in...

05 January 2011

1907 – Holborn Council Offices, London

Architect: Warwick & Hall Interior View published in The Building News, September 13th 1907.