Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1907

09 December 2010

1907 – Design for Canada House, London

Architect: Alexander Marshall Mackenzie Alexander George Robertson Mackenzie (12 March 1879 – 20 March 1963) was a Scottish architect. At the end of his apprenticeship in 1898, he become his father’s chief assistant....

10 August 2010

1907 – Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House, New York

Architect: Cass Gilbert The building was designed by Minnesotan Beaux Arts architect Cass Gilbert, whose selection to design the building was marked with controversy. In 1899, the United States Department of the Treasury...

08 July 2010

1907 – Parrish Block, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Part of a terrace of three warehouses, all designed separately but to a harmonious whole.

09 June 2010

1907 – South Hailing Station, Britain Quay, Dublin

Smaller but similar to other towers near Alexandra Basin in the north docks, this little structure stood on the corner of the main Liffey waterway and the entrance to Grand Canal Docks. The...

27 April 2010

1907 – Inland Revenue Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: David Ewart The original Customs House in Winnipeg was constructed in 1874 at 198 Main Street. It was decided in 1907 that a larger facility was needed and the proximity of the...

15 April 2010

1907 – Our Lady of the Prairies Monastery, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Archbishop Taché of St. Boniface persuaded the Abbot of Bellefontaine, France, to establish a home for Trappist monks in St. Norbert. The Trappists were an independent branch of the Cistercian Order which began...

14 April 2010

1907 – St Boniface Fire Hall No.1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Victor W. Horwood This 1907 structure, located immediately behind the Hotel de Ville, replaced an older, outmoded fire hall during a period of significant growth in St. Boniface. Initial plans were drawn...

14 April 2010

1907 – Post Office, St. Boniface, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: David Ewart A fine two storey Post Office with arcaded windows on the main commercial floor. The building has a well defined cornice and dual language signage – “Hotel Des Postes” being...

17 February 2010

1907 – No.113 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son With a construction period overlapping its neighbour at No.112, it’s easy to think that there was some contact between the two offices in terms of materials and decorative...