Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1907

02 September 2009

1907 – Burtons Department Store, Edinburgh

Architect: Sir John James Burnet Scotland’s first steel framed building, this is a fine corner building originally built as a department store for Burtons. It is still in use as commercial premises but...

10 June 2009

1907 – Port of Liverpool Building

Architects: Hobbs & Thornely / Briggs & Wolstenholme On the exterior of this imposing Portland Stone building is a large drum and dome. Inside an octagonal hall rises to the dome, with galleries...

08 June 2009

1907 – Bangor Free Library, Wales

Architect: Dixon & Potter Opened in 1907 after an architectural competition in 1906. Funded with a grant from Andrew Carnegie who provided £2,500. There is a copper tablet in the library foyer commemorating...