Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1908

10 June 2014

1908 – Swimming Baths, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Kaye-Parry & Ross Originally opened in 1842 and rebuilt by the town council in 1908. In 1843, John Croswaithe built baths on the corner of Scotsman’s Bay. Originally known as the Royal...

25 January 2014

1908 – Central Presbyterian Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: John M. Lyle Constructed in 1908 after fire destroyed their previous building – John M. Lyle, the architect, was the son of the minister of the time. Lyle was responsible for Toronto’s...

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

16 November 2013

1908 – The Observer Hotel, The Rocks, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Halligan & Wilton A pub has stood on this site since 1848. Built in the Federation Free Style Art Nouveau in 1908 by architects Halligan & Wilton, this brick hotel is now...

09 August 2013

1908 – Former Post Office, Portrush, Co. Antrim

Architect: Robert Cochrane Former Post Office, constructed around 1908. Closed in the 1980s, it lay vacant for many years before being restored and converted to the public library. Designed by Robert Cochrane of...

26 April 2013

1908 – St. Agatha’s, North William St., Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son The foundation stone of the church was laid on Sunday April 25th 1880 and the church was finally completed and blessed by the Archbishop of Dublin William Joseph...

19 June 2012

1908 – St. Boniface Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Marchand & Haskell The fourth church or cathedral on this site was built in 1908 and destroyed by fire in 1968. The interior was lost and the two towers which flanked the...

11 June 2012

1908 – Wesleyan Sunday School, Newton Heath, Manchester

Architect: Smith & Matley Published in The Building News, November 20th 1908. For a time, used for services after the main church across the street was demolished due to dry rot. Later demolished.

25 April 2012

1908 – St. Alban’s High School for Girls, Hertfordshire

Architect: Amian L. Champneys Selected design, showing elevations, section & plans, as published in The Building News, September 13th 1907. Built on part of the former grounds of Hall Place, a mid 15th...