Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1909

13 April 2010

1909 – Trinity Baptist Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George Teeter Interesting little church with a very unusual corner tower. The stonework has a vaguely Scottish Baronial feel but the red tiled cupola instead of a spire is unusual and endearing.

11 February 2010

1909 – Gilbert Library, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: C.J. McCarthy / Dublin City Architect’s Department Designed originally by the city architect C.J. McCarthy, and extended nearly one hundred years later by his successor, the Dublin City Architect’s Department, the Gilbert...

28 January 2010

1909 – Carnegie Library, Malahide, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott An elaborately gabled red brick Library, the Carnegie Library was built in 1909 at a cost of £1000. Andrew Carnegie, a Scottish multi-millionaire, donated huge amounts of money for the...

06 January 2010

1909 – Bank of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Architect: J.P. Wren A wonderfully eccentric design for the Hibernian Bank which mixes a myriad of architectural features. The small tower with corner window and copper dome is the entrance to the manager’s...

16 December 2009

1909 – Hotel Europe, Vancouver, British Columbia

Architect: J.E. Parr & T.A. Fee Angelo Calori commissioned this building as an hotel, his name and commissioning date is inscribed above the main doorway. The Hotel Europe was the earliest reinforced concrete...

19 November 2009

1909 – Minneapolis City Hall, Minnesota

Architect: Long & Kees City Hall located at 350 South Fifth Street, is an example of Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, and is based upon Henry Hobson Richardson’s Allegheny County Courthouse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It...

22 September 2009

1909 – Loretta Block, Fargo, North Dakota

Architect: Fine commercial building with handsome parapet, that was built in several stages from 1909-16. Named Loretta by the developer Peter Elliott after his youngest daughter.

16 June 2009

1909 – Glasgow School of Art

Architect: Charles Rennie Mackintosh The Glasgow School of Art campus is spread across 10 buildings, most of which are situated on Renfew Street in Garnethill. The Mackintosh Building, or ‘the Mac’ as it...

09 June 2009

1909 – Cardiff University

Architect: W.D. Caroe Building work commenced in 1905 and was completed in many stages, the first in 1909, ending in the completion of the south wing in 1960. Architect W.D. Caroe sought to...

Pages:« Prev123