Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1910

08 December 2014

1910 – Proposal for Department Store, Alexandria, Egypt

Architect: Adolf Loos Unbuilt proposal for a department store. This project was a particular favourite of Loos, with a watercolour rendering of the design hanging in his residence for many years.

16 April 2014

1910 – Ulster Dairy School, Loughry, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone

Architect: William A. Scott Founded in 1910 as the Ulster Dairy School, and now part of the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. The college took over the Loughry Manor estate, constructed...

19 March 2014

1910 – Tassagh Viaduct, Keady, Co. Armagh

Architect: Sir Benjamin Baker 11-arched viaduct in masonry and concrete for the Castleblayney, Keady & Armagh Railway Co., constructed in 1910 to provide a link between Armagh and the County Monaghan town of...

15 November 2013

1910 – The Mitchell Library, NSW Library, Sydney, Australia

Architect: Walter L. Vernon Work on the Mitchell Wing began in 1906 and finished in 1910 based on designs prepared by Walter Liberty Vernon, the Head of the Government Architect’s Branch. The Mitchell...

23 March 2013

1910 – Woolworth’s, Grafton St., Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb The first F. W. Woolworth store in Ireland opened in 1914 on Grafton Street in Dublin. Eventually spread over three adjacent commercial units. The southernmost was No.101, a solid...

01 August 2012

1910 – Land Titles Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Darling & Pearson The first public building commissioned by the new provincial government after the formation of the province. Designed by the prominent Toronto architectural firm of Darling and Pearson during their...

01 August 2012

1910 – Grain Exchange, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Hodgson & Bates William Roper Hull, rancher, real estate speculator and founding member of the Calgary Grain Exchange, built this six-storey sandstone structure in 1910 to provide offices for the newly formed...

02 July 2012

1910 – Lord Roberts School, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J.B. Mitchell Designed by Winnipeg school architect J. B. Mitchell, and named after highly decorated British Field Marshall, Lord Frederick Sleigh Roberts (1832-1914), the fireproof, solid grey brick, three-storey building contained 16...

01 June 2012

1910 – Weyburn Security Bank, Weyburn, Saskatchewan

Architect: Long, Lamoureux & Long Head office of The Weyburn Security Bank, which was the only Saskatchewan chartered bank to operate. The bank functioned from 1910 until 1931, and had 32 branch offices...