Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1910

29 May 2010

1910 – Former Carnegie Library, Denver

Architect: Albert R. Ross Designed by Albert R. Ross, who designed many Carnegie libraries, and the Pueblo County Courthouse in Colorado, this was the main public library in Denver until the opening of...

27 April 2010

1910 – Werier Block, 238 Princess Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

A stark and obvious example of the Exchange warehouse developed in two stages (which many were) – the original four floors received a vastly different treatment than the final three stories whiuch were...

14 April 2010

1910 – No. 393 Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: William Wallace Blair This large stone and stucco building with the half-timbering over the upper levels, was the last home of Mark Fortune. Built in 1910, it was his residence for two...

13 April 2010

1910 – Fort Rouge United Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John H. G. Russell Originally built as a Presbyterian Church, this large brick building is quite clumsy in design. With the exception of the two towers, the detailing is quite large in...

07 April 2010

1910 – Parnell Monument, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Henry Bacon, G.P. Sheridan, Augustus Saint Gaudens A long drawn out project, the Parnell Monument was designed by Dublin-born American sculptor Augustus Saint Gaudens with the assistance of two architects – Henry...

28 January 2010

1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main...

27 January 2010

1910 – Offices, New Zealand Insurance Co., Brisbane, Queensland

Architect: Hall & Dods Completed in 1909 or early 1910, and later destroyed.

08 January 2010

1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently...

18 December 2009

1910 – A.E. McKenzie Company Building, Brandon, Manitoba

Architect: Thomas Sinclair This six storey reinforced concrete and brick office and warehouse was designed in 1910 by Thomas Sinclair, a prominent Brandon architect, and constructed for $100,000 by the Brandon Construction Company...