Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1911

20 February 2014

1882 – Garfield Chambers & Regent Cinema, Royal Avenue, Belfast

The building, Garfield Chambers was built in 1882 and like many buildings on Royal Avenue, was finished in stucco. Opened in 1911, the Regent was the first Belfast cinema not to have its...

28 February 2013

1911 – Carnegie Library, Enniskerry, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler Built on land donated by Lord Powerscourt (8th Viscount), and funded by a grant of £600 from the Carnegie Trust. The design by Butler was similar to those constructed...

13 February 2013

1911 – Scottish Rite Masonic Temple, Santa Fe, New Mexico

Architect: Hunt & Burns In 1909 The Daily New Mexican newspaper announced that architect Isaac H. Rapp had been awarded the commission to design a new Scottish Rite Cathedral. However a grand Neo-classical...

06 August 2012

1911 – Tegler Block, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: H.A. Magoon The Tegler Building was built in 1911 by Edmonton entrepreneur and philanthropist, Robert Tegler, and was one of the earliest reinforced concrete buildings in Alberta. An eight-storey addition was constructed...

20 July 2012

1911 – Former Assiniboia Town Hall, Winnipeg

Formerly the municipal hall of the Rural Municipality of Assiniboia, before it amalgamated with Brooklands, and St. James to form St. James-Assiniboia and eventually forming part of Winnipeg in the 1972 unicity amalgamation....

07 July 2012

1911 – CPR Department of Natural Resources, Calgary, Alberta

Canadian Pacific Railway Department of Natural Resources building which was on the south side of 9th Avenue east of Centre Street, beside the CPR station. The building occupied the site of what was...

02 July 2012

1908 – St.Thomas on the Bourne, Surrey

Architect: Henry S. Sidebotham Completed in 1911, illustration published in The Building News, September 4th 1908. Never completed as designed, the building is still in use today as a church.

08 June 2012

1911 – Fire Hall No.1, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Lang & Major Built in 1911 to replace Calgary’s first Fire Headquarters, which had been erected in 1887. Front exterior view of Firehall No.1, known as the Central Fire Station. The large...

03 June 2012

1911 – Village Hall and Club House, Adare, Co. Limerick

Architect: William Clifford Smith According to Jeremy Williams, “The original scheme for the hall survives as a drawing, a brilliant adaptation of Voysey’s idiom to a communal building by the English architect, Clifford...