Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1911

14 April 2010

1911 – St Ignatius Roman Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: H.J. Rill / Northwood & Chivers Completed in 1911 by H.J. Rill, with further work by Northwood & Chivers in 1928. St. Ignatius has a fine interior with small aisles but no...

01 April 2010

1911 – Former Todd Burns, Mary Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Like the larger store (now Pennys) across the street, this attractive piece of commercial architecture was built for Todd Burns. Now a facade to a shopping centre.

18 February 2010

1911 – Nos.60-61 South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Edwin Bradbury A fine pair of commercial buildings with ornate upper stories. No. 61, on the right was rebuilt by Edwin Bradbury in 1911.

10 February 2010

1911 – The International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

18 December 2009

1911 – Central Fire Station #1, Brandon, Manitoba

Architect: W.A. Elliott The Central Fire Station was constructed in 1911 and stands on the site of its 1882- 93 predecessor. It was designed by one of Brandon’s most prominent early architects, W....

10 December 2009

1911 – Land Registry Building, Kenora, Ontario

Architect: Frank R. Heakes Built as the Land Registry Building and used as such until 1964 when the province constructed a new building. It was designed by Frank Heakes, who was chief architect...

13 November 2009

1911 – Allied Irish Bank, Waterford

Architect: Batchelor & Hicks Fine early twentieth century bank building with a wonderful curving corner entranceway. Extended, 1922, comprising single-bay three-storey end bay to east taking away the symmetry of the design. This...

29 September 2009

1911 – Cottages, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

Architect:George Kelly Fine row of cottages near the Church of Ireland. Some of the buildings have had their original paired windows at ground level replaced with ugly picture windows.