Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1912

10 March 2015

1912 – Second Premiated Design for University College Dublin

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Second-placed design in competition to design new buildings for University College Dublin on their site on Earlsfort Street. The assessor of the competition was architect Henry T....

10 March 2015

1912 – Proposal for University College Dublin, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Doolin & Butler The successful entry by Doolin & Butler for a new university building on Earlsfort Terrace, as published in The Building News, November 9 1912. There are a few differences...

04 November 2013

1912 – Union Station, Memphis, Tennessee

Architect: The terminal, completed in 1912, was built in the Beaux-Arts style and was located on Calhoun Street, between south Second Street and Rayburn Boulevard. It was less than two blocks from Memphis...

21 January 2013

1912 – St. Mary’s College, Galway

Architect: William A. Scott Seen here before the addition of the extra storey of 1939 flattened the highly original composition. An abstraction of collegiate gothic into a distinctly early twentieth century style with...

06 August 2012

1912 – Law Courts, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers Early design work was completed by unknown Department of Public Works architects while final details were overseen by Allan Merrick Jeffers, the provincial government architect. Described in The Edmonton...

01 August 2012

1912 – Lougheed Building, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: L.R. Wardrop For many years this building also contained the Grand Theatre – which had a seating capacity of 1,500 and one of the largest stages in the country. It had an...

01 August 2012

1912 – Beveridge-Travis Block, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Hodgson, Bates & Butler Demolished in 1987 following a December 1986 fire which also destroyed the Commercial Block adjacent. At the time of its construction a local newspaper reported, “It is fully...

23 July 2012

1912 – Former St. Joseph’s Academy, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: Joseph-Azarie Sénécal Former convent and school run by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Operated as a school for girls until the late 1960s. In 1936, it was...

19 July 2012

1912 – Free Exposition Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison Developed as the Hall of Industry for the Winnipeg Industrial Bureau. Taken over by the Board of Trade in 1918, and demolished in 1935 to make way for a...