Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


01 July 2010

1912 – Tache Hall, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood This student residence was the largest of the original campus buildings. Facing northeast towards the Administration Building, its facade stretches the full five hundred and fifty...

01 July 2010

1912 – Administration Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Originally the Manitoba Agricultural College when it was built in 1912, it is now the Administration Building for the University. Its central location, symmetrical facades and...

29 June 2010

1912 – 139 Market Avenue, Steele Briggs Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Cyril W.U. Chivers Curiously old-fashioned looking for a 1912 commercial premises, this brick warehouse has a nice cut-stone entranceway. The small windows and dark brick make the building gloomy in appearance.

10 May 2010

1912 – Carlton Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison The three-storey Carlton Building is a low-profile version of the Chicago Style of architecture, with detailing that reflects an Italianate influence. The block was built by the Sutherland Construction...

04 May 2010

1912 – Scherzer Bridges, North Wall Quay, Dublin

Built to allow water based traffic to access the Royal Canal and Spencer Docks, these unusual bridges are also designed to keep seawater out of the docks. No longer operational due to the...

28 April 2010

1912 – Confederation Life Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: J. Wilson Gray The Confederation Life Building is one of the finest Chicago School style buildings in Winnipeg with its curved facade following the bend in Main Street. The twelve-storey building is...

22 April 2010

1912 – Union Trust Tower, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John D. Atchison The Union Trust Tower occupies an unusually long and narrow site at the corner of Lombard Avenue and Main Street. The long and narrow shape of the property had...

21 April 2010

1912 – 321 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: George W. Northwood The building, also known as the Finnie and Murray Block, on the northwest corner of McDermot Avenue and Adelaide Street, marked the first incursion of the warehouse district west...

15 April 2010

1912 – Westminster Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Beautiful church with a wonderful tower, the United Westminster Church is a great example of English Gothic by John H.G. Russell, a leading Winnipeg architect of his day. The...