Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


14 April 2010

1912 – Firehall No.11, Berry Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Alexander & William Melville In 1903 the firm of A. and W. Melville, architects and civil engineers, began operation. This company was responsible for numerous buildings in and around the city. An...

13 April 2010

1912 – Firehall No.15, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Alexander Melville Alexander Melville was born in Fraserburgh, Scotland in 1873 and received his architectural and civil engineering degrees in Aberdeen. In 1903 he settled in Winnipeg and immediately set up a...

17 February 2010

1912 – Nos.102-3 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Originally constructed for West & Son, in a style heavily influenced by Richard Norman Shaw’s work in England. Described as having a “Louis XVI interior”.

22 January 2010

1912 – Library, Clondalkin, Co. Dublin

Architect: T.J. Byrne Far and away the best building in the Clondalkin area, the library of 1912 is a delightful Arts and Crafts design. A mixture of stone, brickwork and render, the buildings...

16 December 2009

1912 – The Sylvia Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia

Architect: W.P. White Originally built as an apartment block, the Sylvia Court, it was converted to an hotel during the Depression of the 1930’s. It was named after owner Abraham Goldstein’s 12-year-old daughter....

10 December 2009

1912 – Government Conference Centre – Former Union Station, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: Ross & MacFarlane The Government Conference Centre was originally constructed as Ottawa Union Station between 1909 and 1912 to the designs of architects Ross & MacFarlane, based on original plans by architect...

30 September 2009

1912 – Legislative Buildings, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell The Saskatchewan Legislative Building was built between 1908 and 1912 in the Beaux Arts style to a design by Edward and William Sutherland Maxwell of Montreal. The design...

28 September 2009

1912 – Church of Ireland Diocesan Hall, Armagh

Architects: W. Jervais & Richard Orpen Built across the street from the main entrance to the Church of Ireland Cathedral, the Diocesan Hall is a neo-Elizabethan building from 1912. The interior features intersecting...

24 September 2009

1912 – McAuley’s Hotel, Carnlough, Co. Antrim

Small former hotel building with elaborate Art Nouveau inspired stucco work.