Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1913

01 June 2012

1913 – Post Office, Lethbridge, Alberta

Architect: David Ewart The two principle facades of the original building, on 4th Avenue and 7th Street are joined by the imposing corner clock tower. The two facades though of different lengths are...

01 June 2012

1913 – Library, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: Reid & McAlpine A fine library building still in use today. Funded through a debenture after the city applied to the Carnegie Foundation for funding, the amount which the Foundation was willing...

21 January 2012

1913 – Dairy Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood Constructed in 1913 as part of the original Fort Garry agricultural college.

05 April 2011

1913 – Coliseum Theatre, MacCurtain Street, Cork

Architect: Arthur & Henry H. Hill Constructed as a Picture Theatre, the Coliseum remained in used until the 1970s.

26 January 2011

1913 – Bank of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario

A thirteen floor tower was later constructed on top.

17 November 2010

1913 – Offices of The Emigration Board, Omsk, Siberia, Russia

1st, 2nd & 3rd Premiated Designs published in The Architect & Contract Reporter, October 24th 1913. First premiated design by Grinberg & Doubinsky; second by Seraphimov; and third also by Grinberg & Doubinsky.

10 August 2010

1913 – Woolworth Building, New York

Architect: Cass Gilbert The Woolworth Building was constructed in neo-Gothic style by architect Cass Gilbert, who was commissioned by Frank Woolworth in 1910 to design the new corporate headquarters. Originally planned to be...

06 August 2010

1913 – Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Joseph Fortin The building was designed by the Montréal architect J. Fortin and modelled after churches in northern France, for the then considerable sum of $135,000.

06 August 2010

1913 – St. Thomas Church, New York

Architect: Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson St. Thomas Church, a designated New York landmark, was built from 1911 to 1913, designed by Ralph Adams Cram and Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue, and was their last project...