Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1913

17 November 2010

1913 – Offices of The Emigration Board, Omsk, Siberia, Russia

1st, 2nd & 3rd Premiated Designs published in The Architect & Contract Reporter, October 24th 1913. First premiated design by Grinberg & Doubinsky; second by Seraphimov; and third also by Grinberg & Doubinsky.

10 August 2010

1913 – Woolworth Building, New York

Architect: Cass Gilbert The Woolworth Building was constructed in neo-Gothic style by architect Cass Gilbert, who was commissioned by Frank Woolworth in 1910 to design the new corporate headquarters. Originally planned to be...

06 August 2010

1913 – Holy Rosary Cathedral, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Joseph Fortin The building was designed by the Montréal architect J. Fortin and modelled after churches in northern France, for the then considerable sum of $135,000.

06 August 2010

1913 – St. Thomas Church, New York

Architect: Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson St. Thomas Church, a designated New York landmark, was built from 1911 to 1913, designed by Ralph Adams Cram and Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue, and was their last project...

31 July 2010

1913 – Hotel St. Charles, 235 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

The St. Charles Hotel was designed and constructed by Winnipeg’s largest contractors, Carter, Halls and Aldinger. The firm included a large engineering department, which was capable of design work and was familiar with...

08 July 2010

1913 – Electric Railway Chambers Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Pratt & Ross / Charles S. Frost The Winnipeg Electric Railway Co., a firm which operated the city’s electric streetcar system and its first hydro-electric utility, constructed this steel-frame and concrete building....

08 July 2010

1913 – Former Rex Theatre / Epic Theatre, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Alexander Melville Demolished in 2008, the rendered facade concealed the remains of the original ornate classical design. The interior was largely intact prior to demolition despite a report by a downtown development...

29 June 2010

1913 – Pantages Playhouse, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: B. Marcus Priteca Designed by B. Marcus Priteca of Seattle, the Pantages Playhouse was the first reinforced concrete playhouse in North America. The words “Pantages Unequalled Vaudeville” are inscribed above the entrance...

28 June 2010

1913 – The Peace Palace, The Hague, The Netherlands

Architect: Louis M. Cordonnier Andrew Carnegie, the wealthy industrialist, was asked in 1902 to consider sponsoring offices and a library for the Permanent Court of Arbitration. Fedor Martens, a Russian lawyer and diplomat...