Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1913

25 June 2010

1913 – Alberta Legislature Building, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Jeffers & Blakey The Alberta Legislature Building was built between 1907 and 1913 in the Beaux Arts style popular in Canada at this time for legislature buildings. The much larger Saskatchewan and...

09 June 2010

1913 – Jesuit Residence UCD, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Probably the strangest 20th Century building in Dublin and definitely the last hurrah of Victorian Gothic for a religious based institution, this little known building is tucked away on Hatch...

06 May 2010

1913 – Bank of Montreal, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: McKim, Mead and White At the centre of Portage and Main, the Bank of Montreal branch was designed by McKim, Mead and White of New York, America’s leading exponents of Beaux-Arts Classicism....

27 April 2010

1913 – Adelman Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell Constructed in 1903 as the new Campbell Brothers and Wilson warehouse, the Adelman Building was located on the C.P.R. spur line that still runs behind Princess Street. Three large...

23 April 2010

1913 – YMCA, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Jackson & Rosencrans / John H.G. Russell The central Winnipeg YMCA was designed by Jackson and Rosencrans of New York, assisted by architect J.H.G. Russell of Winnipeg. Both names appear on the...

21 April 2010

1913 – Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Ross & MacFarlane Built between 1911 and 1913, the Fort Garry Hotel was designed by George A. Ross and David H. MacFarlane in a French chateau style used by the vast railway...

14 April 2010

1913 – Ashdown House, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John H.G. Russell The merchant and businessman James H. Ashdown built his residence at number 529 on the Crescent, near Academy Road. The architect on this project was the prominent Winnipeg architect,...

08 April 2010

1913 – Salvation Army, Abbey Street, Dublin

Architect: Oswald Archer An unusual small building with elaborate gable and very small windows which are made to look smaller by the clumsy overscaled doorway.

07 April 2010

1913 – No. 62 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke With its giant Ionic order, this former theatre (the Pillar Picture House) is now sadly in use as a fast food restaurant. The ground level has been clumsily altered, but...