Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1914

30 August 2012

1914 – Conservatory, Como Park, St. Paul, Minnesota

Architect: Frederick Nussbaumer Inspired in part by the landscape designs of H.W.S. Cleveland, Frederick Nussbaumer, Superintendent of Parks from 1891 to 1922, worked tirelessly to create an outdoor haven for the area’s urban...

06 July 2012

1914 – Canada Life Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Brown & Vallance A fine white terra cotta facade with influences from the Chicago School, this office building was designed by Montreal architects Brown & Vallance. Still in use today, it is...

01 May 2012

1914 – Phibsborough Picture House, North Circular Rd, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Closed in 1953, to be demolished to allow a new cinema to be constructed on the site. The Phibsborough Picture House had a capacity by that time of over 600...

23 April 2012

1914 – Former Broadway Cinema, Manor Street, Dublin

Architect: Opened in 1914, the cinema sat 630 people and was originally known as the Manor Cinema. Later, it was known as the Palladium, and then finally the Broadway Manor Street Cinema. A...

06 August 2011

1914 – Sacred Heart Cathedral, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan

The Cathedral was designed in the Romanesque style, with buttresses to help to support the walls. The red brick church is accented with light Manitoba Tyndall stone. The niche in the apex of...

06 August 2011

1914 – Saskatchewan Revenue Building, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: Storey & Van Egmond A fine two-storey brick office block with glazed terracotta trim built in 1914. Originally known as the Saskatchewan Co-operative Elevator Building, one of the first major agricultural co-operatives...

01 August 2011

1914 – City Hall, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Architect: David Ewart Constructed for the Dominion Government it served as a post office and housed other government agencies such as customs, and eventually, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In 1963, the City...

13 February 2011

1914 – Kensington Building, Portage Avenue, Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison Demolished and replaced with a taller building of less architectural merit, but similarly named.

13 July 2010

1914 – Mercado Central, Valencia, Spain

Architect: Francisco Guardia & Alejandro Soler This is one of the oldest running food markets in Europe, although this building was constructed in 1914, in a genuine Valencian style, with lots of colours,...


Skip to toolbar