Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1916

23 September 2010

1916 – Lady Lever Memorial Church, Port Sunlight, Cheshire

Architect: William Owen & Segar Owen Perspective view, plan & section published in The Building News, December 13th 1916. Christ Church United Reformed Church, founded by William Hesketh Lever and opened on Wednesday...

17 August 2010

1916 – Pusey House, St. Giles Street, Oxford

Architect: Temple Moore Elevation to St. Giles Street published in The Architect, February 25th 1916. In 1884 the “Pusey Memorial House” was founded in memory of Edward Bouverie Pusey (1800-1882), one of the...

30 June 2010

1916 – L’édifice Jean-Baptiste-De La Salle, Quebec City, Quebec

Architect: Georges-Emile Tanquay Formerly the Academie Commerciale de Quebec, and now used as Quebec Government offices. Originally the corner was surmounted by a cupola and dome.

06 May 2010

1916 – Hamilton Building (Former Bank of Hamilton), Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: John D. Atchison In 1897, the building and lot on the south-east corner of Main and McDermot was purchased for $30,000 by the Bank of Hamilton. Extensive alterations and an addition were...

21 April 2010

1916 – Provincial Law Courts, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Samuel Hooper / Victor W. Horwood / John D. Atchison Situated across Broadway from the Manitoba Legislature building, the Law Courts consists of several buildings. The original architect was Samuel Hooper, who...

14 April 2010

1916 – First Church of Christ, Scientist, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Jordan & Over Designed in the shape of a Greek cross, the building was built in two stages. The first level was completed in 1911, with the much larger second floor added...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...

19 January 2010

1916 – Palace of Justice, Nuremberg, Bavaria

A large complex of buildings outside the Aldstadt (Old City) built as a Palace of Justice between 1909 and 1916. From November 20, 1945, until October 1, 1946, the International Military Tribunal convened...

Pages:12Next »