Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1923

06 February 2014

1923 – No. 33-34 Westmoreland St., Dublin

Architect: John Henry Lyons Formerly Hyam’s Building. Hyam’s were a mens outfitters / tailors who also had a store in Edinburgh which went into bankruptcy in 1934. Destroyed when the Educational Building Society...

31 January 2014

1923 – Northern Bank Buildings, Strabane, Co. Tyrone

Architect: Henry Seaver Fine brick and stone bank on a barrow wedge-shaped corner site. No longer in use as a bank, but now a cellphone store, the carved lettering “bank” still visible over...

04 November 2013

1923 – Lafayette Building, Detroit, Michigan

Architect: C. Howard Crane Constructed in 1923 and occupied a triangular lot, bordered by Michigan Avenue, West Lafayette Boulevard, and Shelby Street. Designed in the neo-classical architecture style by C. Howard Crane who...

01 June 2013

1923 – Bush House, Aldwych, London

Architect: Harvey Wiley Corbett As part of the firm of Helmle & Corbett, Harvey Wiley Corbett had designed Bush Tower, a 30-story Neo-Gothic skyscraper built for the Bush Terminal Company on 42nd St....

01 February 2013

1923 – Cenotaph, Leinster House, Dublin

Sculptor: George Atkinson Former monument on Leinster Lawn, commemorating three of the founding figures of Irish independence, Arthur Griffith, Michael Collins and Kevin O’Higgins. Atkinson was headmaster of the Dublin Metropolitan School of...

21 July 2012

1923 – Medical Arts Building, Graham Ave., Winnipeg

Architect: John D. Atchison Demolished in early 1970s to provide carparking space for newly constructed Medical Arts Building to the rear.

22 April 2012

1923 – Lyric Cinema, James Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden & George L. O’Connor Image courtesy Irish Architectural Archive. Munden and Purcell collection, ref no. 85/141.60/2. Former cinema, long darkened, later in use as part of a commercial premises....

01 August 2011

1923 – Public Library, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Magoon & MacDonald Constructed on Macdonald Drive in downtown Edmonton. Demolished 1961. Site now occupied by Telus Plaza.

07 February 2011

1923 – London Guarantee Building, Chicago, Illinois

Architect: Alfred S. Alschuler The London Guarantee Building, also known as 360 North Michigan Avenue, and is one of the four 1920s flanks of the Michigan Avenue Bridge (along with the Wrigley Building,...

Pages:12Next »