Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1929

14 December 2010

1929 – Bank of New South Wales, Invercargill, New Zealand

Architect: Cuthbert John Brodrick The former Bank of New South Wales was designed in the Italian Renaissance style by C.J. Brodrick and completed in 1929. The bank building keeps company with two others...

06 August 2010

1929 – Daily News Building, New York

Architect: Raymond Hood The Daily News Building was the home of the New York Daily News until the mid-1990s.. It is known as the model for the headquarters of the fictional newspaper Daily...

25 June 2010

1929 – Mountain States Telephone Building, Denver

Architect: William N. Bowman The Telephone Building served as the headquarters for the Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Company, later known as Mountain Bell. Constructed in a variant of the Gothic Revival style...

19 May 2010

1929 – Villa Savoye, Poissy, France

Architect: Le Corbusier Situated at Poissy, outside of Paris, the Villa Savoye is one of the most recognisable architectural icons of the International Style. The Villa Savoye was designed as a weekend country...

26 April 2010

1929 – Former Grand Cinema, Fairview, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons Former cinema, now missing most of its auditorium after the rear half of the building was demolished. The former balcony level still exists as a private screening cinema, after...

07 April 2010

1929 – Savoy Cinema, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: F.C. Mitchell Designed in the same stripped Classical style as the adjacent Gresham Hotel and Hammam Chambers, the Savoy was once one of the great “atmospherics” – the massive interior decorated on...

19 February 2010

1929 – Kiosk, Leeson Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Moynihan Formerly a Tea Room and Toilets block with Kiosk shop – only the Kiosk is still in operation. This little building has some fine brickwork and a decorative Dublin coat-of-arms...

18 February 2010

1929 – Former Bank, South Great George’s Street, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Jermyn Former bank building, now converted into a bar. Constructed in 1929 for the National Bank. Jermyn was principal assistant to J.F. Fuller before going into partnership with him in 1916,...

20 January 2010

1929 – Pembroke Library, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Architect: Arnold F. Hendy A graceful little library with a rather unfortunate porch attached. This small brick library just off Merrion Road and surrounded by RDS property has an interesting central bay. This...