Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1948

29 June 2010

1948 – Ss. Vladimir & Olga Ukrainian Cathedral, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: John N. Semmens The cathedral’s famous stained glass windows, created by artist Leo Mol depict the history of the Ukrainian Catholic church.

15 March 2010

1948 – The Hydro, Tramore, Co Waterford

Architect: Patrick Sheahan Opened in 1948 ‘The Hydro’’ had a staff of seven and housed a number of sea baths as well as a restaurant. Demolished.

21 February 2010

1948 – Guinness Power Station, St. James’s Gate, Dublin

Architect: F.P.M. Woodhouse & Sir Alexander Gibb & Partners On the northern side of James Street, lies the brewery power station, a fine and monumental mid-century industrial building.

02 October 2009

1948 – Museu de Arte Popular, Lisbon

Architect: Folk art museum, opened in 1948, has rooms with permanent collections and temporary exhibitions with a space, arranged on a provincial basis.