Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1958

20 January 2014

1958 – Chapel, St. John’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Moody & Moore One of the founding colleges of the University of Manitoba, St. John’s was originally based downtown, and has an Anglican ethos. Their new college consisting of teaching facilities, dormitories...

11 January 2014

1958 – St. Paul’s College, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Gardiner, Gath & Associates / Green Blankstein Russell Associates St. Paul’s College was a Jesuit college, founded in 1926 by Jesuits and originally based in central Winnipeg. Designed by Vancouver practice Gardiner,...

16 July 2011

1958 – Le Reine Élizabeth Hotel, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: George Drummond Completed in 1958, it was built by the Canadian National Railway, but was later sold to Canadian Pacific Hotels, now Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. With 1039 rooms and 21 floors...

03 May 2011

1958 – Finnish Church, Rotherhithe, London

Architect: Cyrill Sjostrom Mardall The London church and mission was first established in 1882, when the Finnish port chaplain who had been sent to Hull in 1880 was relocated south because of the...

29 June 2010

1958 – Former B’nay Abraham Synagogue, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Kanarski Bnay Abraham Synagogue started in 1916 as a free loan and sick benefit society with a medical plan and death benefits for its members. In 1958, the present building at 235...

22 April 2010

1958 – Canada Post, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Horrendous building with little or no human scale or charm. What is most upsetting about this building which occupies an entire block is that the previous Post Office...

14 April 2010

1958 – St George’s Anglican Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Built between 1956-58 to to replace an earlier church of 1927, this modern building is constructed of the local Tyndall stone and brick. To the left of the...

04 September 2009

1958 – Memorial Jose Marti, Havana, Cuba

Architect: Enrique Luis Varela The 109m tower, designed by a team of architects led by Enrique Luis Varela, is in the form of a five-pointed star, encased in grey Cuban marble from the...

04 September 2009

1958 – Ministerio del Interior, Havana, Cuba

The Plaza de la Revolución is one of the world’s largest city squares at 72,000 square metres, the Square is dominated by the Jose’ Marti Memorial which features a 109 metre tall tower...

Pages:12Next »