Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1959

01 January 2014

1959 – John A. Russell Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg

Architect: Smith Carter Katelnikoff Named after John A. Russell who taught at the University for 38 years and was named the first Dean of the Faculty of Architecture in 1964. Dean Russell died...

30 July 2012

1959 – Executive House, Wellington Crescent, Winnipeg

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates Designed as n upmarket apartment block, Executive House was highly thought of at the time of completion and won a Massey Silver Medal for Architecture. The Massey Medals...

24 February 2012

1959 – St. Mary’s National School, Glaslough, Co. Monaghan

Architect: Office of Public Works Fine example of a standardised design school from the Office of Public Works. There was a range of different sizes ranging from three classrooms upwards. While this school...

05 August 2010

1959 – Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

Architect: Frank Lloyd Wright This distinctive and iconic building was Wright’s last major work, and instantly polarized architecture critics although today it is widely revered. Its appearance is in sharp contrast to the...

23 April 2010

1959 – Stanley Knowles Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Moody & Moore Named after Winnipeg’s longest-serving MP Stanley Knowles who served 38 years in Ottawa. Built in two stages, the original designed by Moody and Moore was is the first two...

23 April 2010

1959 – Norquay Building, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates An elegant piece of late 60′s modernism, the Norquay building has an understated architectural quality. The compsoitions, scale, materials all contribute to a quality design that can easily...

22 April 2010

1959 – Hydro Sub-Station No. 21, Edmonton Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Libling Michener & Associates Striking utility building from a time when public utilities still put an effort into their buildings. Winnipeg’s industrial parks have many such buildings with the concrete structure expressed...

07 April 2010

1959 – Dublin Bus, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Brendan Ellis & G.P. O’Shea An infill building on the western side of O’Connell Street, the Dublin Bus offices was originally built for its parent company Coras Iompair Eireann. The fa├žade features...

22 January 2010

1959 – North Terminal, Dublin Airport

Architect: Department of Transport and Power Interesting little mid-century modern building with sculpted roof profile. Now in use as offices. The original terminal was planned to handle a maximum of 250,000 passengers per...

Pages:12Next »