Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


01 March 2015

1963 – Aldergrove Airport, Belfast, Co. Antrim

A former RAF station, in July 1959 the decision was made to move civil flights to Aldergrove to take advantage of the large airfield and this took place in October 1963. A new...

12 August 2013

1963 – 338 Broadway, Winnipeg

Architect: Waisman Ross Shortlisted for the Massey Medal in 1964. this is a smaller office building on a constricted site. While the main facade to Broadway is largely glazed, the side elevations are...

30 July 2012

1963 – Civic Centre, St. Boniface, Winnipeg

Architect: √Čtienne Gaboury Designed to contain a police station, law courts, and a public health centre, this cluster of buildings is sited around an open sided courtyard adjacent to the former city hall....

06 March 2012

1960 – Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba

Architect: Green, Blankstein, Russell Associates Architects concept from 1960 of a new airport terminal for Winnipeg. Eventually completed in 1963, and closed in 2011. The project, estimated to cost $8.5m but eventually over...

08 July 2010

1963 – 333 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Smith Carter Searle Built between 1959-63 for Monarch Life, it is now used as the headquarters of the Workers Compensation Board. Set back from the street, the building has a shallow raised...

29 June 2010

1963 – St. Joseph Ukrainian Catholic Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: Number Ten Architectural Group / Radoslav Zuk St. Joseph’s Ukrainian Catholic Church served by Redemptorists of the eastern rite, is located on 250 Jefferson Avenue in Winnipeg, and is one of fifteen...

29 June 2010

1963 – Perths, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Waisman Ross Like the nearby Safeway, this outlet for Perths is modernist in design with its curving roof. Unfortunately it has suffered to a degree with much of its original glazing closed...

22 May 2010

1963 – Pilkington, St. Helens, Lancashire

Architect: Fry Drew The distinctive blue Pilkington Head Office, a Grade II listed building constructed in 1959-63 designed by Maxwell Fry and his wife Jane Drew.

14 April 2010

1963 – Holy Family Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Zunic & Sobkowich

Pages:12Next »