Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

A.V. O’Rourke

01 May 2012

1914 – Phibsborough Picture House, North Circular Rd, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Closed in 1953, to be demolished to allow a new cinema to be constructed on the site. The Phibsborough Picture House had a capacity by that time of over 600...

23 April 2012

1922 – Metropole Cinema & Restaurant, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke Built on the site of the former Metropole Hotel, which was destroyed in the 1916 rising, the Metropole Cinema & Restaurant became one of the most fashionable venues in Dublin....

07 April 2010

1913 – No. 62 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: A.V. O’Rourke With its giant Ionic order, this former theatre (the Pillar Picture House) is now sadly in use as a fast food restaurant. The ground level has been clumsily altered, but...