Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Adelaide Road Dublin

19 February 2010

1929 – Kiosk, Leeson Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Moynihan Formerly a Tea Room and Toilets block with Kiosk shop – only the Kiosk is still in operation. This little building has some fine brickwork and a decorative Dublin coat-of-arms...

19 February 2010

1901 – Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Batchelor The ‘Eye and Ear’ as it is known opened in 1901 in a Queen Anne inspired symmetrical design by Carroll & Batchelor. Internally the circulation spaces were skimped on...

19 February 2010

1892 – Former Synagogue, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan The first purpose built Synagogue in Ireland, this building cost over 5,000 pounds in 1892 to build. Designed in a vaguely Byzantine style, the building was extended in 1925 to...

19 February 2010

1863 – St. Finian’s Lutheran Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: E.T. Owen Built for an obscure christian sect, the Catholic Apostolic Church, also known as the Irvingites, this small Gothic church has little or no pretensions. Now is use by the Lutheran...

19 February 2010

1908 – Facade of Presbyterian Church, Adelaide Road, Dublin

Architect: H.J. Lundy Although the architect of the building is unknown, it is known that the dramatic fa├žade was designed by H.J. Lundy in 1908. Unfortunately that is all that remains of this...