Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Alberta

06 August 2012

1911 – Tegler Block, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: H.A. Magoon The Tegler Building was built in 1911 by Edmonton entrepreneur and philanthropist, Robert Tegler, and was one of the earliest reinforced concrete buildings in Alberta. An eight-storey addition was constructed...

06 August 2012

1912 – Law Courts, Edmonton, Alberta

Architect: Allan Merrick Jeffers Early design work was completed by unknown Department of Public Works architects while final details were overseen by Allan Merrick Jeffers, the provincial government architect. Described in The Edmonton...

02 August 2012

1907 – Imperial Bank of Canada, Edmonton, Alberta

During the late 19th century, the Imperial Bank of Canada was expanding across Canada, opening a branch in Edmonton in 1891. An all-new building was constructed on the site in 1907, a grand...

01 August 2012

1895 – Post Office, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Thomas Fuller Post office and Federal Office by Dominion architect Thomas Fuller on 8th Avenue. Demolished circa 1929.

01 August 2012

1907 – Merchants Bank of Canada, Edmonton

Architect: Hogle & Davis Built in 1907, the grand columned building on the northwest corner of Jasper Avenue and 100 A Street was originally home to the Merchants Bank, which had started Edmonton...

01 August 2012

1890 – Alexander Corner, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Built opposite the Bank of Montreal which was designed by the same architects in a similar style. Demolished.

01 August 2012

1890 – The Bank of Montreal, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Child & Wilson Architects Child & Wilson was one of the first large practices in Alberta. Their successful practice was responsible for the design of many of the landmark buildings constructed of...

01 August 2012

1913 – Hudson’s Bay Company, Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Burke Horwood & White Magnificent Edwardian department store of six storeys with the facade organized into three divisions. The base features display windows behind an arched colonnade. The middle division, the second...

01 August 2012

1929 – T. Eaton Co., Calgary, Alberta

Architect: Ross & Macdonald The T. Eaton Co. opened its original department store on the site in 1929. In the late 1980s Eaton’s relocated into a new building one block west. In 1988,...